There is no set amount for how much a DWI lawyer will cost you in Texas. We base our attorney fees on the amount of work that we have to do on your case. The facts of your situation will dictate how much time we need to spend to defend you.
The consequences of getting arrested for a DWI can cost you a lot of money in fines, court costs, and many other things. Your attorney’s fees will be one of the most substantial expenses of the process, but with the severe negative outcomes you are facing, your DWI lawyer in Texas is your best option for trying to beat the charges or reduce the penalties you face.
Stages of the DWI Process in Texas
DWI cases are labor-intensive. To understand how much a DWI lawyer will cost you in Texas, these are some of the activities we might need to engage in for you, depending on the facts of your situation:
- Attend and participate in a bail hearing. We will argue for a reasonable amount of bail so that you can go home to your family and keep working while your case is pending.
- Pre-trial hearings. The court can schedule hearings early on in the process to notify you of the charges and give you the opportunity to plead guilty or not guilty. If you plead guilty, there will be no trial. The judge will sentence you. If you plead not guilty, the case will go on a track for trial.
- Negotiate with the prosecutor. Throughout the stages, we will talk with the prosecutor to try to negotiate a deal. In rare cases, the prosecutor will drop the charges, but usually, the best result available is to get the prosecutor to agree to change the charges to a lesser offense or to reduce the penalties
- Trial preparation. If we do not work out a plea deal with the prosecutor, we will have to prepare for trial. Trial preparation requires a vast amount of time and work to gather the evidence, interview witnesses, look for defenses like improper BAC testing, prepare exhibits, and many other tasks.
- Handling the trial. We will go to court, defend you aggressively, and argue your case to the judge and jury. We can file appeals and represent you at sentencing hearings.
How to Get Help from a DWI Lawyer in Texas
The DWI lawyers in Texas from Eddington Worley Attorneys are standing by to be your strong representation in your DWI case. We understand that it can seem frightening to think about how much a DWI lawyer will cost you in Texas, but we urge you to think of the consequences you face fighting with no one on your side.
We understand how difficult of a situation this is for you, and you should not fight this alone. Call us today at (855) 600-6695 for a free case evaluation.