Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) in Round Rock, TX, is not something you want to take care of on your own. You could face significant penalties including jail time and an extended driver’s license suspension. Instead of trying to fight this by yourself, reach out to a Round Rock DWI lawyer from Eddington Worley today.
Let our team go to work on your case today. We can respond immediately if you need representation during your initial appearance, arraignment, or another hearing, or we can begin to work on developing a defense strategy for your case. We can protect your rights and fight for a more favorable outcome on your behalf. Call us at 855-600-6695 to get started.
Consequences of a DWI Conviction in Round Rock, Texas
- Your previous history of DWI-related offenses
- Your previous criminal history
- The circumstances of your case
- Their own discretion
For first-time offenders, penalties could include:
- Enrollment in an Alcohol Education Program
- Jail time
- A driver’s license suspension of up to two years
For a second, third, fourth, or subsequent conviction, jail time, license suspension, and fines may increase.
If this is your first DWI conviction, we may be able to help you fight for probation instead of jail time. The judge in your case may offer you this type of agreement which can help you avoid some of the penalties included in your sentence.
In general, probation is an agreement that says you will follow specific rules for a set time. These rules may include:
- Completing community service
- Abstaining from drugs and/or alcohol
- Not getting arrested for any other crimes
- Checking in regularly with an assigned probation officer
If you complete probation, you can avoid serving jail time. If you violate the terms of your probation, however, the judge can force you to go to jail or complete other parts of your sentence.
Administrative Penalties Following a DWI Arrest
In addition to the criminal penalties you will face if convicted of a Round Rock, TX, DWI, you will also face administrative penalties if police cite you for drunk or drugged driving. Any time police cite you for a DWI, you receive an Administrative License Revocation (ALR). This penalty is separate from your criminal case.
You may request a hearing during the first 15 days following your arrest to fight the ALR. We can help you with this process and represent you during the hearing.
Eddington Worley Can Develop a Defense Strategy for Your Round Rock, TX, DWI Case
When you face DWI charges, it is difficult to know where to turn. Let our Round Rock DWI lawyers help. We want you to know you do not have to navigate this process alone.
We will discuss your case with you and launch an investigation that helps us understand the circumstances of your arrest. We will use the facts of your case to develop a defense strategy and fight for a more favorable outcome. This could include:
- Getting the prosecution or the court to reduce or drop the charges against you
- Negotiating a plea deal for a lesser charge and more lenient penalties
- Winning an acquittal in court
- Asking for probation instead of jail time
- Helping you petition for an occupational license to regain limited driving privileges
For help with your Round Rock, Texas, DWI case, call our office today at 855-600-6695. A member of our team is standing by to take your call.
We Can Take on All Types of Texas DWI Cases
We understand that DWI arrests occur for many reasons and the circumstances surrounding them vary widely. We can handle any type of Texas DWI case, but we commonly see situations where police accuse our clients of:
- Refusing to submit to breath or blood testing
- Failing a breath or blood test
- Being under the legal drinking age and driving drunk or drugged
- Open container violations
- Intoxication assault
- Intoxication manslaughter
- Driving drunk with a child passenger
- Repeat DWI violations
- Felony DWI
No matter the circumstances that led to your arrest or the allegations the police make against you, the DWI lawyers at Eddington Worley are here for you. Call us today and let us go to work for you.
Talk to a Round Rock DWI Lawyer
The team from Eddington Worley is ready to get started on your Round Rock, Texas, DWI case today. Let us review the circumstances that led to your arrest and build a defense strategy on your behalf. Call us today at 855-600-6695 for immediate representation or to learn more about our services.