If you got arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated (DWI) in Pearland, Texas, you could face significant penalties including a loss of your driving privileges, jail time, and fines. The Pearland DWI lawyers from Eddington Worley Attorneys can help you build a strong defense against this type of allegation.
Let us protect your rights and try to clear your name or reduce the charges and penalties you face. You can talk to a member of our Pearland DWI team today by calling us at 855-600-6695.
We Can Take on Any Type of Pearland Drunk Driving Case
At Eddington Worley Attorneys, our Pearland team can take on any DWI or drunk driving case and help you fight for a more favorable outcome. Call us if you got arrested after:
- Refusing to consent to blood alcohol content testing; or
- Failing a breath or blood alcohol content test; or
- Refuse testing and later failing a mandatory test; or
- Causing an accident and then failing a test or refusing to submit a sample for testing; or
- Refusing to submit to testing or failing a test while under the age of 21
A Pearland DWI lawyer can investigate the circumstances of your traffic stop or accident and arrest and build a strong case on your behalf. Call 855-600-6695 today to let us get to work on your defense.
The Police Likely Took Your Drivers’ License at the Scene
No matter if your arrest occurred after a traffic stop or accident, the arresting officer likely confiscated your drivers’ license at the scene, or you had to surrender it during the booking process. This occurs in accordance with the Administrative License Revocation (ALR) process. If you receive a citation for DWI or a related offense, an ALR is automatic.
When the officer takes your license, you will receive a paper that permits you to drive for 40 days. If you do not appeal the ALR during this time, your revocation period begins after this permit expires.
Give us a call right away after your arrest. You only have a short time to appeal your ALR. We can help you with this process, building a case and representing you in the hearing. Even if we do not win the appeal, we will gain valuable insight into the prosecution’s case against you.
A Pearland, Texas DWI Conviction Can Come with Significant Consequences
With the help of the Texas DWI legal defense team from Eddington Worley Attorneys, you may be able to fight the charges against you. We may be able to clear your name, reduce the severity of the charges, or fight for a probated sentence. The consequences of a first-offense DWI conviction may include:
- Time behind bars in a county jail
- A drivers’ license suspension of up to two years
- Mandatory enrollment in a 12-hour Alcohol Education Program
If you already have a DWI on your record, the fines and jail time will increase with a second or subsequent conviction. In these cases, it is even more important to act aggressively to try to reduce the charges or get them dropped.
Even if the prosecution has a strong case, we can sometimes prevent clients from serving additional time in jail and paying significant fines by negotiating a probated sentence. If the judge agrees to probate your jail time, this means you will serve a year or more of probation. You will need to follow the terms the judge sets on your probation or risk serving the probated jail time. Some common terms of probation include:
- Community service
- Abstinence from drugs and alcohol
- Installing an ignition interlock device
- Avoiding any further arrests and convictions
- Checking in regularly with a probation officer
- Remaining in school or remaining employed
Eddington Worley Attorneys Can Fight the Pearland DWI Charges You Face
At Eddington Worley Attorneys, our drunk driving defense lawyers know what it takes to convict someone of a DWI in Texas. We can use our decades of combined experience handling these cases to your advantage, reviewing every step of your traffic stop or accident, arrest, testing, and booking. We will use the facts of your case to develop a strong defense strategy and seek the best possible outcome in your case. Some tactics we can use to get a more favorable outcome for our clients include:
- Presenting evidence that convinces them to reduce or drop the charges
- Getting evidence barred from court because the police violated your rights
- Identifying problems with the breath or blood testing equipment
- Identifying issues with the blood alcohol content testing procedure
- Negotiating a plea deal for a reduced charge, often reckless driving
- Representing clients at trial and arguing for a “not guilty” verdict
- Negotiating a probated sentence
Once your case is over, we can discuss your options for getting a lesser charge wiped from your record or obtaining an occupational license that will allow you to continue to drive to school or work. We can petition for an occupational license immediately following a first offense DWI, but there may be waiting periods after subsequent arrests and convictions.
Talk to a Pearland DWI Lawyer About Your Drunk Driving Case Today
The Pearland DWI team from Eddington Worley Attorneys can protect your rights and help you fight the charges against you. If you got arrested on suspicion of DWI in Brazoria County, Fort Bend County, or Harris County, Texas, our team is here to help you navigate the process and represent your best interests. We can go to work on your case today and will be by your side until your case is over.
Call us at 855-600-6695 to discuss your case with someone from our team. A Pearland DWI lawyer can help you understand what to expect and explain your legal options. Let us develop a strong defense strategy in your Pearland DWI case.