Driving while intoxicated, or DWI, is a crime Texas takes seriously. If the police in Atascocita or greater Harris County, TX arrested you or cited you for a drunk driving related offense, you do not have to try to navigate the criminal justice process and fight these allegations on your own. The DWI and drunk driving defense team from Eddington Worley Attorneys can help you build a strong case and pursue the most favorable outcome.
An Atascocita DWI lawyer and the rest of our team can go to work for you when you call us, so reach out to us as soon as possible after your arrest and let us accompany you to your arraignment, handle your administrative license revocation appeal, and deploy a solid strategy to challenge the charges you face. Call (855) 600-6695 today to reach our office about your DWI.
Eddington Worley Attorneys Will Fight the DWI Accusations You Face
At Eddington Worley Attorneys, our team of DWI and drunk driving lawyers know how the prosecution will try to build a case against you, and we develop a strategy to counter their efforts. By creating and deploying a strong defense, we can often get the most favorable outcome possible for our clients.
Some common ways we can achieve this include:
- Presenting evidence that stops them from pressing charges.
- Presenting evidence the police violated our client’s rights.
- Identifying a problem with the breath or blood test evidence.
- Negotiating a plea deal for reckless driving or another similar charge instead of DWI.
- Fighting for an acquittal.
- Pursuing a probated sentence.
If the police in Atascocita arrested you for drunk driving or a related offense, the team from Eddington Worley Attorneys is ready to get to work on your defense today. We will review the circumstances of your arrest and investigate the facts of your case. With the information we learn, we will put a defense strategy in place that keeps your best interests in mind.
Call us today at 855-600-6695 to talk to a member of our team about your case and the charges you may face.
We Handle Any Type of Texas DWI or Drunk Driving Case
One of our Atascocita DWI lawyers can take on any Atascocita or Harris County DWI, driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI), or another drunk driving case. No matter how complex, we have likely seen cases similar to yours—and won a more favorable outcome for our client.
We can take on your case, including these DWI and drunk driving cases:
- Arrests after a traffic stop
- Arrests after a traffic accident
- Refusals to submit to breath or blood testing
- Failed breath or blood tests with blood alcohol concentration above 0.08%
- Failed tests with an extremely high BAC
- Arrests following a test with marginal or passing BAC
- DUI charges against underage drivers who refused to submit to testing
- DUI charges after an underage driver has any detectable alcohol in their system
- DWI charges against an underage driver
- DWI or DUI with an open container
- Failed breath or blood test following a serious injury or fatality accident
You can reach our team today at (855)600-6695. You do not have to try to do this on your own. We are here to help.
Texas Has Harsh Penalties for Drunk Drivers
In Texas, those convicted of a DWI or other drunk driving offense may face harsh penalties even if no one suffered injuries. For a first DWI conviction, you could face:
- A 12-hour Alcohol Education Program.
- A criminal driver license revocation of up to 24 months.
- Time in county jail.
For first-time DWI offenders, the Texas courts allow the judge to probate jail time. This means you could get a year or more probation, called community supervision in Texas, instead of having to spend time in jail. During your time on community supervision, you will need to follow the rules the judge sets or else risk going to jail and serving up to six months behind bars.
Terms of community supervision can vary but often include:
- Keeping a job or staying in school.
- Performing an ordered number of hours of community service.
- Abstaining from drugs and alcohol.
- Avoiding committing additional crimes or getting arrested.
- Regular check-ins with a community supervision officer.
You Could Lose Your License Even If You Win Your DWI Case
Perhaps the most important reason to reach out to our team as soon as possible after your arrest is because we can represent you during your Administrative License Revocation (ALR) hearing.
An ALR is an automatic driver license revocation that occurs when the police cite you for DWI or a related violation. At the time of your stop, the officer will take your license and give you information about the ALR. You must act quickly because the only way to stop it is to request a hearing in writing within 15 days.
Unless you challenge the ALR, you will lose your driving privileges 40 days after your arrest, regardless of what happens during your criminal trial. If we are already on your case, we can help you request your hearing. During this hearing:
- We will present evidence to show you were not drinking and driving
- The arresting officer will testify
- We will get our first look at the prosecution’s evidence against you
We always encourage our clients to challenge their ALR even though the chances of winning this type of appeal are slim. The sneak peek we get into the prosecutor’s case is worth it.
If we cannot stop the Texas Department of Public Safety (TX DPS) from revoking your license, we can help you petition for an occupational license after your criminal case is over. This will allow you to drive to school and work.
Talk to an Atascocita DWI Lawyer
If the police in Atascocita or Harris County accused you of drunk driving or you face DWI charges, the Atascocita DWI lawyers from Eddington Worley Attorneys want to help. Let us review the circumstances of your arrest and put a plan in place to defend you. Call (855) 600-6695 now to get started.