A DWI and drunk driving defense lawyer in Seabrook can help if you were arrested or charged with a DWI. Our legal team makes it possible for you to move on with your life. Please call Eddington Worley Attorneys at 855-600-6695 for a free consultation.
A DWI and Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer Will Negotiate on Your Behalf
A Seabrook DWI lawyer can mount a strong defense based on the specifics of your case. There are several potentially effective arguments for your defense, including:
- Challenge the traffic stop of your vehicle
- Question procedures during your arrest
- Challenge the validity or way a blood or breath test was conducted
- Demonstrate bias from law enforcement officers
While hiring a Seabrook DWI lawyer does not guarantee that your charges will be reduced or dismissed, having an attorney on your side can help protect and preserve your rights. A DWI and drunk driving defense lawyer from Eddington Worley Attorneys will also seek a swift restoration of your license so you may continue working or going to school.
Our Firm Will Seek Reduction of Criminal Charges and Swift License Restoration
Our firm negotiates for clients with the prosecuting attorney. This can lead to a reduction in your Texas DWI penalties, including fines and jail time. In some cases, a DWI and drunk driving defense lawyer in Seabrook can plea bargain from a felony to a misdemeanor charge.
A lawyer with Eddington Worley Attorneys may also be able to reduce the length of time that your license is suspended. Your license is automatically suspended after a DWI arrest in compliance with a Texas statute known as an Administrative License Revocation (ALR). This makes getting to work or school difficult for most people. A DWI and drunk driving defense lawyer in Seabrook will try to get your license restored with a hearing.
Here is more information about an Administrative License Revocation hearing:
- You may have a defense lawyer of your choosing present.
- A hearing must be requested within 15 days after your arrest.
- If you do not request a hearing, you lose your license 40 days from the date of your arrest even if you are not charged or convicted.
A DWI or drunk driving charge does not have to ruin your life. Please call Eddington Worley Attorneys at 855-600-6695 for a free case review.
How Refusing or Failing a Field Sobriety Test Impacts Your Case
The police officer who pulled your vehicle over may have asked you to take a field sobriety test. These are noninvasive tests of physical and mental challenges to see if you are sober. You have the right to refuse a field sobriety test, but there are consequences for doing so. When you receive a driver’s license, you give implied consent to sobriety tests upon reasonable request. On top of that, many police officers will take your refusal as proof that you are trying to conceal inebriation and arrest you.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has three standard field sobriety tests in which you are asked to:
- Track a moving object smoothly with only your eyes while keeping your body and head still.
- Walk on a straight line, turn, and walk back, without using your arms for balance.
- Stand on one leg for thirty seconds without falling or putting your other foot on the ground.
If you refuse the field sobriety test, you may be asked to take a breathalyzer test. With this test, you breathe into a device that measures your blood alcohol content (BAC). You are legally intoxicated if you have a BAC of 0.08 or higher. You may also refuse a breathalyzer test, but again, this refusal has legal consequences.
How a DWI and Drunk Driving Defense Refutes Field Sobriety Tests
Field sobriety tests are not reliable proof of intoxication. A DWI and drunk driving defense lawyer in Seabrook will mount a credible defense if you fail. A lawyer with Eddington Worley Attorneys can list reasonable explanations for failing a sobriety test, such as:
- Certain neurological conditions impede a person’s ability to smoothly track an object with their eyes.
- People older than 65 may have balance issues and cannot walk a straight line without using their arms.
- An individual with arthritis or similar medical condition may not be able to stand on one foot for any length of time.
Our DWI and drunk driving defense lawyers have successfully defended clients and had their charges reduced or dismissed. It is your legal right to mount a vigorous defense. For a free consultation, please call Eddington Worley Attorneys at 855-600-6695.
We Also Have Strategies for a Breathalyzer Test
Breathalyzer test results are not always correct. A DWI and drunk driving defense lawyer in Seabrook will evaluate the results of your test and counter with an effective defense, such as:
- Some medical conditions including hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) can lead to a false-positive result.
- Improper calibration of the breathalyzer test.
- Insufficient training of the person administering the test.
- Lack of probable cause.
You may also refute the results of a breathalyzer by requesting a blood test. You have the right to a blood test within two hours of your arrest performed by the healthcare professional of your choosing. (You also pay for the blood test.)
You Are Innocent Until Proven Guilty
It is difficult for most people to keep their composure when facing a DWI arrest or conviction. Let a Seabrook DWI lawyer from Eddington Worley Attorneys help protect your rights. Our firm will do all we can to get your charges reduced or dismissed.
If you are facing a DWI charge, please call Eddington Worley Attorneys at 855-600-6695 for a free, no-obligation consultation.