The team from Eddington Worley Attorneys can help you fight driving while intoxicated (DWI) charges. If police in Friendswood, TX, or elsewhere in Galveston County or Harris County arrested you, reach out to our team today. There is no reason why you should have to try to navigate the legal system on your own.
Our attorneys understand what happens after a drunk driving arrest and can ensure you have representation every step of the way. We will fight for the best possible outcome based on the circumstances that led to your arrest and the facts of your case.
Call us today at 855-600-6695 to learn more about what a Friendswood DWI lawyer can do for you.
A Conviction Could Mean Facing Serious Penalties Including Jail Time
What constitutes a favorable outcome in a DWI case depends on many factors, most significantly the facts of the case. In some cases, the best possible outcome is the one that reduces the impact of a conviction and sentencing. Texas law takes drunk driving seriously. As a first-time offender, you could receive DWI penalties that include:
- Mandatory attendance in a 12-hour alcohol education program
- A two-year driver’s license suspension
- Jail time of 72 hours to six months
- Significant fines
In many cases, a Friendswood DWI lawyer can help reduce the penalties their clients face after a conviction. This is possible by pursuing community supervision, previously called probation. With community supervision, you will need to follow the rules set by the judge for several months or a year or more. If you break their terms, they can remand you to jail for the completion of your sentence.
Anyone Arrested for DWI Will Face an Administrative License Revocation (ALR)
The Texas Department of Public Safety (TX DPS) oversees an Administrative License Revocation (ALR) against every person in the state who receives a DWI citation or faces a similar charge. This revocation goes into effect 40 days following the date on your citation.
You have the right to challenge this revocation. Winning this appeal is the only way to avoid an ALR—it will go into effect regardless of the outcome of your criminal case. We can represent you through this process, but it is imperative you contact us quickly. You only have 15 days to challenge the revocation in writing.
If we represent you during this process, we will:
- Collect evidence to try to prove your innocence
- Present this evidence on your behalf in your hearing
- Represent you during your hearing
- Gather as much information as possible about the evidence the police have against you and how the prosecution may approach your case during the hearing
Getting the ALR dropped is difficult, however filing an appeal always pays off because it gives us a look at the case against you. If we cannot stop the ALR, we can help you apply for a restricted license, such as an occupational license, afterward. This will allow you to continue driving to work or school or other vital locations, such as the grocery store.
We Handle Many Types of Friendswood, TX, Drunk and Drugged Driving Charges
A Friendswood DWI lawyer can take on any type of drunk driving or DWI case. This includes:
- Whether you test over 0.08 percent blood alcohol concentration (BAC) or you refuse to submit to testing;
- Whether you are over the legal drinking age or under age 21;
- Whether the police arrested you after a traffic stop or after an accident;
- If you have an open container in your vehicle;
- If you have any alcohol in your system and are under age 21;
- If you failed a breath or blood test after causing a serious injury or fatality accident
Our attorneys know what it takes to build a strong case and fight a DWI or other drunk driving charge in Texas. Let us go to work on your case, collect evidence, and develop a defense strategy to minimize the impact your arrest has on your everyday life.
Our Attorneys Will Fight for the Best Possible Outcome in Your Case
At Eddington Worley Attorneys, we know how drunk driving cases work in Texas, including how the prosecution will build a case and how they will try to prove your guilt. We also know the most common defense strategies that can help clear your name, reduce the charges against you, or reduce the penalties you face.
We will build our defense strategy based on the facts of your case and the circumstances of your arrest. This could include:
- Presenting evidence to convince prosecutors not to press charges against you
- Presenting evidence to get the charges against you reduced or dropped
- Presenting evidence the arresting officer or another officer violated your rights
- Identifying and proving issues with the breath or blood testing equipment or procedure
- Negotiating a plea deal to reduce the charges against you, often to reckless driving
- Negotiating a reduced sentence
- Taking your case to court and presenting a strong argument on your behalf
If you are ready to fight the DWI allegations you face in Friendswood, Texas, Eddington Worley Attorneys is ready to help. Call us today at 855-600-6695 and let us review your case. We can represent you in your ALR hearing, at your arraignment, or in any other court appearance. We can go to work on your case today.
Talk to a Friendswood DWI Lawyer
Eddington Worley Attorneys can help you fight DWI charges in Friendswood, or elsewhere in Galveston County or Harris County. We can aggressively pursue a favorable outcome in your case and navigate the criminal justice system on your behalf. With our team on your side, you will know what to expect every step of the way.
Call 855-600-6695 to learn more about our services or to discuss your case with a member of our team and get started today.